Print the page Add to a Calendar using iCal Share page on Facebook This link opens in a new window Add to Google Calendar This link opens in a new window Share page on Twitter This link opens in a new window
Introduction to Referencing/RefWorks (University Students/Staff) Online
Participants will be shown how to use Cite Them Right to reference according to St George's standard of Harvard. Participants will also learn how to manage and store their references using RefWorks. You will also be introduced to the add-on Reference Citation Manager (RCM) for Microsoft Word which can help you with your referencing by inserting citations and generating bibliographies within Word documents.
- Understand why you have to reference
- Know what plagiarism is and what it isn’t
- Be able to reference using the Harvard style and do in-text citations and references
- Use Cite Them Right Online confidently
- Import references to RefWorks from a variety of platforms, such as Hunter, EbscoHost, Ovid, PubMed, and Google Scholar
- Organise and manage a variety of references in RefWorks
- Practice using Reference Citation Manager to create in-text citations and generate bibliographies in Word
Suitable for students and researchers undertaking extensive pieces of academic writing such as dissertations and theses or smaller assignments such as essays.
- Thursday, January 12, 2023
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
- Postgrad students SGUL staff Undergrad students
- Managing information
Registration has closed.